Our friends at First Round Capital recently posted an article based on an interview with Keith Callander with tips on how to find the best lawyer for your startup, which also touched on a number of legal necessities to act on from the outset. The article provides several helpful tips to spotting legal issues and how to go about finding a lawyer that’s right for you.
As part of our continued effort to provide rich, easy to digest guidance and resources that are tailored for busy entrepreneurs like yourself, below is a Quick Reference Guide to Cooley GO content relevant to many of the mentioned legal issues faced by entrepreneurs and early-stage startups.
If you don’t see what you’re looking for, try using the search box at the top of the page. You can always give us feedback (which we love), including suggestions for new topics you’d like to see covered, by clicking the callout icon on the right of the page (or, if you’re on mobile, by e-mailing us at email@example.com)
- Choosing the Correct Business Entity: The Basics
- Choosing an Entity Type (Video)
- Where Should You Incorporate?
- Should You Have Founder Shareholder Agreements?
- Founder Basics: Founder’s Stock, Vesting and Founder Departures
- Protecting Your Founder Equity
- There is No Such Thing as “Founder Stock” (Legally Speaking)
- Founder Basics:Founder’s Stock, Vesting and Founder Departures
- Protecting Your Company’s Intellectual Property
IP assignments and employee issues
- Addressing Advisors’ Concerns About Assigning Their IP
- Generate a Form of Consulting Agreement
- Generate a Form of Employee Offer Letter
- Generate a Form of Employee Confidential Information and Assignment Agreement
Distribution and licensing agreements